emapsite believes that good standards of corporate responsibility are an inherent aspect of business principles. In developing these, we have established policies that reflect our ethos and attitude towards our employees, customers, other stakeholders and the community in general.
At emapsite we aim to enable enterprises to achieve their business objectives through the integration of innovative location intelligence related content and applications into their own IT and business process solutions. By helping our customers succeed we, in turn, enable our team and our business to succeed. Each team member has a role to play in exceeding customer expectation and staff are expected and encouraged to contribute to improving and changing our organisational capability. Our policy of continual improvement, of both our business processes and the skills of our people, aims to take best advantage of innovations and advances in both the tools and technologies and the processes that underpin our business. This approach safeguards our operations and our business for the future, enabling us to continue to add value to our customers’ businesses. Our people are our principal asset and the foundation of our business. Employee policies have been designed to meet the needs of our business, follow best practice and represent our culture and values.
The company’s ethos emphasises our core principles of:
Success – for our customers and all stakeholders – through offering outstanding value, continuous innovation and exceptional omni-channel customer experience
Professionalism and quality
Courtesy, timeliness and clarity
Openness, fairness and integrity
Communication and involvement
As a small, dynamic, growing knowledge and technology based business the company recognises the value of good staff communications as an important source of ideas and information vital to our continued growth. We aspire to involve staff in decision making processes wherever practical and they are encouraged to express opinions and propose solutions to support better decision making. The company is diverse and employs or has employed men and women from different nations, cultures, ethnic groups, generations, backgrounds, skills and abilities. All employees are recognised and rewarded for their effort and contribution to the company – not on the basis of grade, status or favour. We believe in being open at all times, subject to respecting customer, company and personal confidentiality.
As emapsite continues to grow we seek out the best people and aim to be a company the best people want to join and develop their careers.
Everything emapsite expects to achieve is dependent on the performance of our staff. Therefore it is of course critical that our people have the skills and knowledge required to successfully perform within our markets and that it is vital we have strong, effective managers to lead the company productively and profitably. Individual development profiles are established and reviewed annually to help employees expand on their skills and competencies.
Health and Safety
In line with national regulations and guidelines emapsite aims to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for all our employees, outside contractors and visitors, not only on our premises but also for those staff and contractors working on client sites. We liaise with staff regarding our policies and practices so that we can continue to develop staff work surroundings into a healthy, safe and overall enjoyable environment underpinned by appropriate policies.
All employees are required to abide by our ethical policy which prohibits all forms of illegal or immoral behaviour. The policy helps to uphold the reputation of our company and staff, and maintains customer and supplier confidence. Staff are encouraged to report any potentially illegal, improper and/or unethical conduct that they become aware of at their workplace or in connection with their work. We believe we have an environment that enables staff to raise genuine and legitimate concerns internally. However, in the event that staff believe their reporting to line management may result in harassment, victimisation or undue distress, they may contact senior management or the Board directly to report matters. This provides an opportunity for concerns to be investigated and for appropriate action to be taken to ensure that the matter is resolved effectively.
We recognise the obligations we have towards our staff, shareholders, customers, suppliers, competitors and the community as a whole. Our reputation, together with the trust and confidence of those with whom we deal, is one of our most valuable assets. In order to keep this reputation and trust we demand and maintain the highest ethical standards in carrying out our business activities.
Relations with Customers
- emapsite believes that integrity in dealings with customers is a prerequisite for a successful and sustained business relationship. This principle governs all aspects of the company’s approach to its customers.
- emapsite aims to provide products and services giving fair value and consistent quality, reliability and safety in return for fair reward.
- emapsite will respect the confidentiality of customer information.
- emapsite will avoid knowingly doing business with any organisation which fails to uphold basic human rights wherever practical.
Relations with Staff
Relations with employees are based on respect for the dignity of the individual.
- emapsite will recruit and promote employees on the basis of merit and of their suitability for the job without discrimination.
- emapsite maintains a framework of fair and just remuneration policies and structures to recognise the efforts of the individual in helping to create company success.
- emapsite will encourage and support its staff in the development of relevant skills.
- emapsite expects its employees to act with integrity and maintain high ethical standards. In particular, information received by employees in the course of business dealings will not be used improperly for personal gain or any purpose except that for which it is given.
- Employees will not engage in an activity for personal gain which is in conflict with the company’s business interests or relevant law. Employees must disclose to the company any personal interest or interests of a member of the employee’s immediate family which could create a potential conflict of interest.
- Employees are expected to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- All employment is freely chosen
- Workers are free to leave after reasonable notice
- Workers, without distinction, have the right to join or form trade unions of their own choosing
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Working hours are not excessive and comply with relevant legislation including the EU Working Time Directive
Relations with Suppliers
- emapsite seeks to develop relationships with suppliers based on mutual trust.
- emapsite respects as confidential all commercially sensitive information concerning the relationship between the company and a supplier.
- emapsite’s policy is to seek to purchase goods and services that are produced and delivered under labour conditions that meet the Ethical Trade Initiative Base Code (ETI, see www.ethicaltrade.org) and therefore do not involve the abuse or exploitation of any person.
- emapsite’s policy is to seek to purchase goods and services that have the least negative impact on climate change and the environment
- Suppliers should not be involved in activities that violate human rights – emapsite also has a Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy
- The purpose of this policy is to promote good labour, greenhouse gas emission reduction and environmental standards in the suppliers and supply chain of emapsite and to protect and enhance emapsite’s reputation as an ethical and low impact supplier
- The receipt of gifts or favours by staff may be unlawful or can give rise to embarrassing situations and may be seen as an improper inducement to grant some concession in return. Staff must not compromise either themselves or the company in conducting the company’s business. The following principles should be followed:
- gifts or favours must not be solicited;
- gifts of money must never be given or accepted;
- reasonable small tokens and hospitality may be accepted provided they do not place the recipient under any obligation, do not breach any applicable law, are not capable of being misconstrued and can be reciprocated at the same level.
- emapsite is committed to the prevention of bribery and has an Anti-bribery Policy in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010
The Company recognises the need to operate in a manner that reflects good environmental management and will make strenuous efforts to minimise its environmental foot print. Furthermore, the Directors will use every endeavour to ensure the Company is complying with current legislation and good practice and that our staff are suitably trained and take all reasonable care to comply with the Company’s Environmental and Sustainability Policy.
- emapsite supports the conservation and protection of a sustainable environment in its broadest sense and recognises that certain resources are finite and must be used responsibly. In a global operational context emapsite’s operations are by their nature of minimal impact; however, we strive to reduce the impacts of our day to day activities and continue to evolve environmental behaviours through:
- compliance with the relevant environmental laws, regulations and industry standards
- minimise the consumption of energy and water used in our facilities
- reduce, re-use and, wherever is environmentally practicable, recycle consumables and dispose of non-recyclable items in an environmentally acceptable manner
In order to achieve these objectives emapsite will:
- communicate our environmental policy to employees and interested stakeholders
- build awareness and promote initiatives to encourage employees to become fully engaged
- use electronic communication methods, where appropriate, such as email, video and telephone conference facilities to avoid non-essential travel
- where possible procure resources and services from suppliers who have a sympathetic approach to the environment
- implement waste reduction and management initiatives including the provision of facilities for the recycling of consumables such as paper, toner cartridges and computer equipment
All employees are required to abide by our ethical policy which prohibits all forms of illegal or immoral behaviour. The policy helps to uphold the reputation of our company and staff, and maintains customer and supplier confidence.
Staff are encouraged to report any potentially illegal, improper and/or unethical conduct that they become aware of at their workplace or in connection with their work. We believe we have an environment that enables staff to raise genuine and legitimate concerns internally. However, in the event that staff believe their reporting to line management may result in harassment, victimisation or undue distress, they may contact senior management or the Board directly to report matters. This provides an opportunity for concerns to be investigated and for appropriate action to be taken to ensure that the matter is resolved effectively.
emapsite strongly believes that integrity in dealings with customers is a prerequisite for a successful and sustained business relationship.
We operate a highly effective and efficient organisation, focused on meeting customer objectives and exceeding customer expectations. To cater for the wide variety of work we do, we aim for a balance between flexibility in the way we operate and tight control to meet customer expectations predictably and repeatedly.
We have clear and strong lines of communication which allow us to respond quickly and efficiently to customer and market requirements, and our customers receive a consistent service across markets and technology areas. Our sales effort and delivery capability are aligned in order to ensure that we can successfully and consistently deliver what we promise.
emapsite’s ISO9001 certified Integrated Quality and Information Management Manual includes a series of processes relating to servicing customer requirements from end-to-end. This includes data acquisition and processing routines, service levels, sales engagement processes, helpdesk protocols and internal measurement and reporting. Internal monthly KPIs are used to provide visibility of ourmeeting our customers’ expectations.
Business partners and suppliers
As with all our relationships we aim to develop relationships and improve networking with business partners and suppliers based on mutual trust. We believe one of our major strengths is our approach to alliances and partnerships.
emapsite’s alliance management strategy is to align with both niche and market leaders with a strong emphasis on innovation, execution and collaboration, understand evolving business process and technology strategies, and team with partners to build appropriate integrated solutions. Many of our new contracts come through these alliances and our partners’ market leadership combines with our location intelligence technology leadership and prowess to deliver the solutions required by our customers and the market.
emapsite understands that leveraging business value is one of the fundamental reasons for adopting, integrating or seeking out new tools, new information sources and new perspectives. To this end emapsite understands that location (or geography or place or one of many other terms) will be seen as “just another” utility data input to the process of business. emapsite has embraced the principles of a service oriented architecture approach to satisfy this requirement and eliminate much of the myth and mystique associated with the geoinformation world.
Our clients appreciate our ability to offer them, and through partnership with them and their clients, a proven location intelligence capability and content, supported by state-of-the-art infrastructure and world class products. Our strong customer relations and deep industry knowledge and experience, combined with the capacity to implement and deliver value-added, mission-critical, repeatable solutions on time and within budget make emapsite the partner of choice in the location arena.
Our policy is not to make any donations to political parties.
However, the UK Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000 (the Act), which came into force in February 2001, defines political donations and political expenditure so broadly that some of our activities may fall within the definitions in the legislation. These include seminars and other functions to which politicians are invited, the cost of taking part in industry forums and the cost to the company of giving staff time off to take part in municipal political activities. While we do not intend to alter our policy, we will continue to ensure that the requirements of the Act are met.
This policy is supported by the Board and implemented by the Management Team.