Ambiental FloodFutures® is a national 5-metre grid dataset designed to help property developers, infrastructure managers, environmental and engineering consultants plan for future flood risk.
FloodFutures® a high-resolution climate change flood model for Great Britain covering all major flood perils, river, surface water and tidal for nine possible climate change scenarios between 2020 and 2080.
The impact of global warming and rising sea levels is intensifying, and every one of us will need to adapt and plan in the face of uncertainty. The UK is witnessing higher temperatures and changing rainfall patterns resulting in more intense storms, flash flooding and droughts. The frequency of such extreme weather events and the probability of them coinciding is increasing, resulting in an intensification of the severe consequences.
If you are working on a project or your organisations needs a long term view of flood risk to protect assets, property and infrastructure, then FloodFutures can help identify and mitigate these risks.
1 in 100 year return period’, Undefended
2020’s, 2050’s and 2080’s’
- Fluvial flooding
- Pluvial flooding
- Tidal flooding (encompassing sea-level change)
- Sea-level rise (shows low and high tide lines)
- Sea-level rise inundation areas – zones that are subject to inundation due to sea-level rise rather than as a result of a specific flood event
- River-bank and bed erosion potential for each 100-metre river segment’
- Impact on road and rail transport infrastructure as two layers with flood depths and erosion potential rating for each 100-metre road/railway segment